* With the Bolenders, Norma Jeane had a small black and white dog named Tippy.
At the beginning of 1933a neighbor killed the dog; Norma Jeane was disconsolate.
Tippy was buried in the garden of the Bolenders ,,.
Marilyn would remember this dog until the end of her life.
* Shortly after her wedding with Jim Dougherty, she had a collie named Muggsie(),
one of their freiends had given to her. He died shortly after she had
started her modelling career; she didn't have enough time to visit the
dog who was in the Dougherty family.
* For her 24th birthday (June 1, 1950), Joe Schenck offered her a chihuahua named Josefa
She never taught her to be housebroken, which caused many frictions with Natasha Lytess, with who Marilyn lived at that time. The dog caused less problems in the North Palm Drive's house Marilyn shared with Johnny Hyde. The animal died less than a year later.
* When she lived in New York City in 1955, she had a Persian cat named Mitsou.
* End of the 50's, she had a basset hound,Hugo, with Arthur Miller, in their New York apartment and in their house in Roxbury, Connecticut.
Invoices from the Southdown Kennel,,,,
Moving in a very slowly way, Arthur Miller had nicknamed him "Flash".
After their divorce, Marilyn thought that it was better for him to stay
in the country house.
* In 1958, they bought to a close friend of Arthur Miller, Frank Taylor, a horse named Ebony. She rode him very rarely.
* With Arthur Miller, they had several parakeets Clyde, Bobo et Butch
* In 1959, a Siamese cat named Sugar Finney, joined the Miller's family.